What is the role of a modern MGA?
In an interview with RPC’s Peter Mansfield, Richard Clapham discusses the role and challenges for Managing General Agents (MGAs) in today’s insurance market.
Richard Clapham has been the CEO of DUAL Group since 2016 and has also held roles with brokers and insurers. In this podcast, Richard discusses:
- How the role of an MGA has changed in recent years
- The difference between MGAs, MGUs, coverholders & delegated authority
- The relationship between an insurer and an MGA
- How the DUAL model differs to other MGAs
- How MGAs can adapt to survive and thrive in the current market.
Outside insurance, Richard is an international-standard official for equestrian eventing and has been involved in every summer Olympics since 2004.
Listen to Richard’s interview on RPC as he discusses the role and challenges of MGAs in the current market and the importance of the relationship between an insurer and an MGA.